What is Resilia?
RESILIA is a framework of best practice, developed by AXELOS, to build cyber resilience skills across an organization. Based on the Cyber Resilience Best Practices guide, it offers practical knowledge to enhance existing management strategies and help align cyber resilience with IT operations, security and incident management. Using the ITIL lifecycle it develops the skills and insight needed to detect, respond to and recover from cyber-attacks.
When a cyber-attack strikes it threatens the fundamentals of a good business – reputation, customer confidence and operational continuity. Knowing how to respond and recover effectively requires clarity and confidence through the cyber resilience of all of your people. That is because businesses don’t detect and protect from a cyber-attack – people do. Equipping people to react to cyber threats is critical for keeping the value of your business, within your business. RESILIA ensures this by keeping your reputation intact, customers close and operations up and running.
Why you need Cyber Resilience
- 73% of large organizations suffered a cyber attack in the past year, up from 59% a year ago (BIS, 2014 Information Security Breaches Survey).
- 205 days: the average number of days between an initial compromise and when the victim discovers the attack (Mandiant).
- Human error is involved in more than 95% of security incidents (IBM ‘2014 Cyber Security Intelligence Index’ report).
- In July 2015 the UK ranked number two in the world for the number of events related to cyber crime.
- 50% of users open emails and click on phishing links within the first hour (Verizon ‘2015 Data breach investigations’ report).
Cyber Security is the responsibility of everyone in the organization. The Practitioner level is aimed at all professionals within IT Service Management, Information Security, Business Analysis, IT Project Management, Risk Manager, IT Development, IT and Security Architecture, Risk Management professionals and leadership roles such as CTO, CISO, CRO, Head of Risk, Heads of Compliance and Business Continuity and Heads of IT.
Foundation and Practitioner
This course is a combination of two courses, the Foundation and the Practitioner. During the first 3 days you will study at the Foundation level and then take an exam on the 3rd day. The next 2 days focuses on the more advanced Practitioner level. If for any reason you do not pass your Foundation exam on the 3rd day then you can still continue on the Practitioner course and take the Practitioner exam. But you would need to retake the Foundation exam online at a later date and once you had passed that your Practitioner certification would then be released.
What will you achieve?
- Have the confidence, knowledge and skills required to effectively respond to and recover from a cyber-attack.
- Have the breadth and depth of knowledge to design and deliver cyber resilience initiatives across both IT and business services.
- Have the ability to differentiate yourself from your peers by developing skills and knowledge with a recognized certification in an increasingly important area.
- Take advantage of the career opportunities available for better qualified, cyber aware individuals.
- Have the confidence to liaise with senior management, information security teams, risk managers and external vendors about cyber resilience strategies and initiatives.
- Become part of a growing global community of cyber resilience professionals.
- To be able to effectively identify and mange cyber risks in your organization.
- The confidence to be able to implement the right level of balanced risk management.
- The knowledge to effectively implement a cyber resilience lifecycle within your organization.
- To be able to evaluate the need for segregation of duties and dual controls.
- The confidence to protect your organizations key assets and to mitigate the impact upon them of a cyber attack.
- The knowledge to take and pass the Resilia Foundation & Practitioner Exams and to add these important certification to your CV.
At the end of the third day of this course you will take the Foundation exam. This is a one hour and 40 minute closed book multiple choice exam. You will receive your exam results on the same day. Then on the 5th day you will take the Practitioner exam. This is a 2 hour and 15 minute closed book multiple choice exam.
There are no formal prerequisites for the combined Foundation & Practitioner course. You will receive all the course books you need, however to get the most from your training we recommend reading the following:
- "RESILIA™ Cyber Resilience Best Practices", available from Axelos directly, Amazon and from TSO.
Book your place
Bookings are no longer available for this event.