What is Resilia?
RESILIA is a framework of best practice, developed by AXELOS, to build cyber resilience skills across an organization. Based on the Cyber Resilience Best Practices guide, it offers practical knowledge to enhance existing management strategies and help align cyber resilience with IT operations, security and incident management. Using the ITIL lifecycle it develops the skills and insight needed to detect, respond to and recover from cyber-attacks.
When a cyber-attack strikes it threatens the fundamentals of a good business – reputation, customer confidence and operational continuity. Knowing how to respond and recover effectively requires clarity and confidence through the cyber resilience of all of your people. That is because businesses don’t detect and protect from a cyber-attack – people do. Equipping people to react to cyber threats is critical for keeping the value of your business, within your business. RESILIA ensures this by keeping your reputation intact, customers close and operations up and running.
Why you need Cyber Resilience
- 73% of large organizations suffered a cyber attack in the past year, up from 59% a year ago (BIS, 2014 Information Security Breaches Survey).
- 205 days: the average number of days between an initial compromise and when the victim discovers the attack (Mandiant).
- Human error is involved in more than 95% of security incidents (IBM ‘2014 Cyber Security Intelligence Index’ report).
- In July 2015 the UK ranked number two in the world for the number of events related to cyber crime.
- 50% of users open emails and click on phishing links within the first hour (Verizon ‘2015 Data breach investigations’ report).
You may think that Cyber Security is the responsibility of Information Security Personnel or Information Analysts, but the reality is that Cyber Security is the responsibility of everyone in the organization. This foundation course is applicable to any member of staff who has access to sensitive company information, or who interacts with customer information, or who accesses the company network or external networks. If you are working in Cyber Security then this is a particularly important course for you and can be the first step to also taking the Resilia Practitioner certification.
Foundation and Practitioner
This course is a 3 day Foundation course that leads to the Practitioner level, which is a further 2 days. The Practitioner Certifications are aimed at all professionals within IT Service Management, Information Security, Business Analysis, IT Project Management, Risk Manager, IT Development, IT and Security Architecture, Risk Management professionals and leadership roles such as CTO, CISO, CRO, Head of Risk, Heads of Compliance and Business Continuity and Heads of IT.
However, all core business functions, HR, Finance, Procurement, Operations and Marketing, will benefit from having cyber resilience expertise within the team, often including a local champion or mentor for all staff to refer to. RESILIA certifications are designed for all staff from leadership roles (HR Director, CFO, Operations Director) to management and operational teams.
What will you achieve?
- Have the confidence, knowledge and skills required to effectively respond to and recover from a cyber-attack.
- Have the breadth and depth of knowledge to design and deliver cyber resilience initiatives across both IT and business services.
- Have the ability to differentiate yourself from your peers by developing skills and knowledge with a recognized certification in an increasingly important area.
- Take advantage of the career opportunities available for better qualified, cyber aware individuals.
- Have the confidence to liaise with senior management, information security teams, risk managers and external vendors about cyber resilience strategies and initiatives.
- Become part of a growing global community of cyber resilience professionals.
- Take the first step towards becoming a Cyber Security professional.
- The knowledge to take and pass the Resilia Foundation Exam at the end of this course and to add this important certification to your CV.
At the end of the third day of this course you will take an exam. This is a one hour and 40 minute closed book multiple choice exam. You will receive your exam results on the same day. Upon successfully passing this exam you will be issued with a digital Certificate and you can then progress to the Practitioner Certification if you desire.
There are no formal prerequisites for the Foundation course. You will receive all the course books you need, however to get the most from your training we recommend reading the following:
- "RESILIA™ Cyber Resilience Best Practices", available from Axelos directly, Amazon and from TSO.
Book your place
Bookings are no longer available for this event.